Styling your bed can be a little difficult. There are so many different color and pattern options for bedding, not to mention the wealth of options available for pillows and decorative accents! Follow the tips below to create a unique bed that fits your style.
- Follow guidelines on how to layer your pillows depending on the size of your bed. For example, a king bed should have three Euro pillows, then two king pillows, then two standard pillows, and a few accent pillows on top of that.
- Use a simple, neutral color for your comforter or duvet cover and add a splash of color with your pillowcases or accent pillows.
- Place a throw or blanket at the bottom of your bed. Make sure the texture or color matches the same as your pillows at the head of your bed.
- For a sophisticated look, be sure to make your bed tight with little to no wrinkles.
- Style up your bed with a traditional wooden, upholstered, metal, or neutral headboard.
- If headboards aren’t your style, hang a piece of art or a large mirror on the wall above your bed to create the illusion of a headboard.