2nd Street District – Lavaca at Cesar Chavez | 111 Lavaca Street
Austin, TX 78701
The foods that you eat before your workout can make all the difference when it comes to feeling energized and seeing results. If you’re unsure about what types of foods to eat for an added boost of energy, check out these great snack and meal ideas.
- Wheat toast with peanut butter and banana. Slice up a banana and sprinkle it on top of peanut butter toast for a healthy boost of carbohydrates for energy and healthy sugar from the fruit.
- Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, while the energy-boosting nuts and sweet fruits will give you a little boost of energy.
- Fruit smoothie. If you don’t have time to sit down for a meal before the gym, pack a fruit smoothie in your gym bag. Add some Greek yogurt for protein and granola for carbohydrates.
- Apple slices with almond butter. This on-the-go snack is easy to prepare and easy to eat. It also offers just the right amount of healthy sugars and hearty protein.
- Oatmeal. Oats are packed with fiber, which slowly release carbohydrates into your bloodstream throughout the course of your workout. Eat one cup at least half an hour before working out.
Best Pre-Workout Foods [Men’s Health]
What to Eat Before and After a Workout [Fitness]
What to Eat Before, During, and After Exercise [WebMD]
The Best Foods to Eat Before and After Your Workout [Shape]